Parents play a very important role in the life and work of Newark Primary. We ask for and receive great support from our parents; from ensuring that homework is completed regularly and attending Parents Evenings to coming along to support children in their class assemblies and the myriad of additional events in which our children are involved. Our Parent Council Fund Raising Group organise Discos for the children each term and fund-raising events include Christmas Fair, 'Bags to School' collections, Mobile Phone recycling, Bingo Nights etc..
Newark Primary Parent Council
The Parent Council, as a statutory body, has the right to information and advice on matters which affect children’s education. Newark Primary Parent Council meets in the school once a month on a Wednesday evening at 6.30 PM.
The Parent Council are kept involved in many different aspects of school education, activities and related topics, below are the main reasons on why we have a council at Newark Primary and what we try to achieve:
- Parents are important and make a real difference to children’s learning – when parents are involved children and young people do better and achieve more.
- To work together with everyone involved in school life – parents, learners, teachers, school staff and the wider community – to support the school.
- To make sure that all parents have a say in their children’s education – and are able to express their views and wishes.
- To build links and involve parents with the wider learning community – nurseries and pre-school groups, other schools and services.
- To listen to what parents want the Parent Council to do and report back to the Parent Forum on your activities and how they can get involved.
The Parent Council and its members with support from other parents also organise several fundraising events throughout the school term. Monies raised from these events go directly to fund school pupil events, from school discos to Christmas pantomimes and can also help fund, for example, book bags and trophies for pupil competitions.
The Parent Council are always keen to attract new members therefore if you would like further information or would like to become a member then you can contact the council at this email address, firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact the school office, email@example.com.